Can I change my Delta Airlines flight date?
Yes, you can change Delta airlines flight dates except for basic economy tickets. Delta has facilitated its passengers the facility to make modifications in the already booked tickets that may include changes in the name of passengers, date of departure, change in the boarding and landing stations, or even change of flight. Now, you can avail yourself of the option to change your travel date on the flight ticket if you somehow entered the wrong details while making the reservation. Before making a change request, you must consider the delta flight change policy.
What is Delta Airlines change flight policy?
There is a strict Delta flight change policy that the passengers must obey to make changes to their already booked flight tickets. These policies are described below.
- Delta provides a 24-hour cancellation period. That enables the users to cancel their flight anytime within 24 hours of booking without any cancellation fee but is not applicable for basic economy tickets.
- After 24 hours, No fee is applicable for refundable tickets, but if you have purchased a basic economy ticket, no changes are allowed.
While making the changes in the flight ticket reservation, if you want to change the flight itself, then you must take care of the difference of capital; That is, if the purchased ticket is pricing you more than the original ticket, then you need to pay the differential amount & if the price of the new ticket is less than the original, then you will be provided the refund by the airline either in the form of cash or travel miles that you can use for your future journey.
What are the methods to make changes in flight date with Delta?
If you want an answer of how to "Change my flight date with Delta?" then there are generally two ways to make changes to your delta flights, namely:
- By dialing Delta flight change phone number +1 800-221-1212 or +1 406 902 1212
- Through the use of the official website; www.delta.com
How do I change my flight dates on Delta Airlines?
Step 1: Visit Delta official website, www.delta.com, or dial +1 406 902 1212.
Step 2: Go to the "My Trips" section/
Step 3: Enter passengers' booking codes or last names to access the dashboard.
Step 4: Select "Delta flight ticket" to make the change from the dashboard.
Step 5: Select the option "Change flight date."
Step 6: Enter "New flight date" for the Delta flight.
Step 7: Pay the Delta flight change fee for confirmation.
After that, you will receive a notification from Delta on your registered email or phone number.
How much does it cost to change a flight date with Delta Airlines?
Delta provides the "no change fee" option for all the passengers who had bought the main cabin or above tickets. Sometimes the newly purchased tickets are less fare than the original; in that case, the remaining difference will be provided to the passengers in the form of credit, which can be used by them anytime before the ticket expires. All the passengers with basic economy tickets must take care that they possess nonrefundable and non-changeable tickets, which are not in a position to request the date change.
Flights outside North America might get charged in case of flight changes and cancellations.
What does Delta mean by no change fees?
Delta facilitates its users to make changes in their flight tickets in case of any plan change. For all the flights originating from the U.S to anywhere, there is no fee for changes for the customers having main cabin or above tickets. Basic economy tickets are nonrefundable and non-changeable. If the cost of your changed flight is less than the original flight, then you need to pay the airlines the remaining amount; that must not be confused with Delta Airlines' change flight fees as it is the difference amount you are paying to the airlines, not actual fees.
Frequently Asked Question on Delta Change policy:
How long before a Delta flight can you change it?
While conducting the reservation with Delta Airlines, if your plan gets changed as a consequence, you get to Delta airlines change flight reservation. And for that, if you wish to know the time duration, it will depend on the type of fare you have purchased. Further, these details have been illustrated beneath:-
- You can conduct changes within 24 hours of booking when you have the basic economy fare.
- And the refundable fare and nonrefundable fare can make a change within 24 hours of flight departure by paying up the change fee as per the rule applied to your fare.
Does Delta charge for flight changes?
Yes, Delta Airlines charge for the flight change but not in every condition. There are certain circumstances where you can change the flight free of cost. Moreover, you can get to the bottom to verify this feature regarding the delta change flight fee.
- When you change within 24 hours of booking, the airline doesn't charge, but you might have to pay the charges.
- When you have a nonrefundable fare, after 24 hours of booking, you have to change the fee between $0 to $500 with the fare difference, but the refundable gets to pay the only fare difference.
- And if you have to change within 24 hours of flight departure, then both the refundable and nonrefundable fares get you to pay $75 to conduct the Delta airlines change flight same-day.
- When you have a medical emergency or illness or have a court summon on the travel date, you can also change the date for free when your document is approved by the airline.
- If the passenger carried the basic economy fare, they might not be able to make changes in their booking.
Can you call Delta to change the flight?
Yes, you can call Delta Airlines for the flight change. But when calling customer service, you could have passenger ticket details. And Delta airlines change the flight phone number to 1 (800) 221-1212. Apart from this, if you want to communicate with the customer service of your region, then follow the below-raised steps:-
- Open Delta Airlines' official site
- Then click on the help center option.
- After that, click on the additional assistance dropdown.
- Now choose the number of your region and follow the IVR menu:-
Tap1 to choose a language, Tap4 to make a reservation, Tap6 to change the flight, Tap7 for flight cancellation, and Tap0 to speak with customer service.
- Qatar Airways Melbourne(MEL) Office in Australia
- How Can I get my Air Canada status Quickly?
- How to Speak to Someone at Allegiant Air at Punta Gorda Airport?
- How do you contact to Delta Airlines at Bradely Airport(BDL)?
- How Can I Talk to a British Airways Agent?
- How to Contact Turkish Airlines New York City(NYC) Office,JFK Airport?
- How do I get in touch with Manchester Airport(MAN)?
- Can You call Delta to cancel my flight?
- How do I Add Airport Assistance to Singapore Airlines?
- Why is Qantas canceling flights?