Is Alitalia giving refunds?
Suppose you have booked with the airline and, for some reason, want to cancel it. You might be willing to know whether Alitalia gives money back on the canceled tickets. The airline provides a refund on the cancelation of the ticket, and if, for any reason, the flight has been canceled where the airline is directly responsible for it. The airline will refund you the booking amount in any of these situations. However, in some cases, they may deduct a cancelation fee.
What is Alitalia's refund policy?
The passengers who are looking to cancel their flight are suggested to must inform themselves about the refund policy of Alitalia first before they cancel their flight and then cancel accordingly. To know the Alitalia refund policy, read the points below:
- Alitalia provides a risk-free window of 24 hours to cancel their flight without any deduction and be entitled to a full refund on the cancelation. However, if you miss this time frame to cancel your any cancelation after this will be subjected to a deduction in the refund amount.
- If you had to cancel the ticket for a medical reason, the airline will refund the complete amount to the passengers on such cancelation. However, you must submit the medical reports to the airline for proof and get a complete refund.
- If, for any reason, the flight has been canceled where Alitalia is directly responsible for the cancelation; they will revert the complete amount to the passenger's source payment.
How do I get my money back from Alitalia?
The passengers who have canceled their ticket and now looking to get their money back from the airline are indicated to apply for the refund through the Alitalia refund form after the cancelation. You need to follow the steps below to generate a refund request at Alitalia:
- Visit the official website of Alitalia.
- Locate "Manage my Booking" on the page and tap on it.
- Provide the booking itinerary with your last name and booking reference code.
- You will have to click on Retrieve Booking to get the booking details.
- Now, move to the menu and select the Refund option.
- Get a refund form on the next page, complete the form with the flight details, and state why to cancel your ticket.
- Attach the medical reports if you have canceled the ticket for medical reasons.
- Submit the form, and Alitalia will proceed with the refund amount to your source payment.
How long does it take to get a refund from Alitalia?
Alitalia will take the time to complete the formalities, deduct the cancelation, and then revert the remaining amount to your source payment. The time for the refund may differ from person to person, depending on their mode of payment while making a reservation. To know Alitalia's refund time, read below:
- Cash or Cheque: If you selected this mode for the payment. It can take up to 20 to 25 business days.
- Online or Card: They will refund you within seven working days if you paid through this mode.
Passengers who have canceled an Alitalia flight and want to know what to do for a refund can read this article for help. However, if they are still unclear, dial Alitalia refund contact number and get their representative for help.
- How do I get through to Qantas Quickly?
- How can I speak to someone at Qantas in Australia?
- How do I text Qantas?
- Delta Airlines at Athens International Airport(ATH)|Terminal and Phone
- Contact KLM Airlines in Cape Town- Phone Number
- Spirit Airlines Missed Flight Policy| Fees | Rebook
- Extra Baggage on Air India| Add Baggage
- Hamad International Airport| Contact Information DOH
- Hawaiian Airlines Seat Selection: Policy, Fees and Procedure
- Add Additional Baggage to Flight| Extra Baggage Cost