A Guide on "British Airways Name Correction"
Have you made a typing error in your name? If yes, then you are advised to rectify your mistake before you head to board the flight. Otherwise, the airline may deny boarding on the flight to the passengers. The British Airways name correction policy allows passengers to correct their names before they reach the airport. If you want to know more about the name change at British Airways, you are advised to read this article.
How can I change names on British Airways Flights?
The passengers who mistakenly typed their name wrong on the ticket while making a reservation with British Airways do not have to worry. As per the airline's policy, a passenger can make changes to their ticket anytime before check-in. To correct your British Airways change name spelling mistake, follow the steps below:
- Go to the official website of British Airways www.britishairways.com
- At the top of the page, click "Manage my Booking" and put the passenger's last name and booking reference code in the suggested box.
- Now, tap on retrieve booking to get the details of your booking.
- After this, tap on the name change in the menu to get a form.
- Complete the name change form, mention your correct name, and attach a government document for proof.
- Make the payment and submit it. The airline will make the changes and send the new ticket to your registered email ID.
Policies of British Airways for Name Change:
Since you are now well aware of the name change procedure at British Airways, you are suggested to inform yourself of the British Airways name correction policy before you apply for it. In some cases, you may not be allowed to change your name. To know the reason for it, you are required to read the points below:
- Name change is possible only if the passenger manages to bring government documents for proof.
- The passengers can change a maximum of three characters in their name only.
- No passengers can transfer their tickets to another person. The passenger must be the same after the name change.
- If there is a legal condition such as marriage or divorce, British Airways permits the passengers to change their last name.
How much does it cost to Change the name on a British Airways flight ticket?
The passengers who have signed up for the name change will have to bear the cost of changing the name on the British Airways flight ticket. Any change in the name after marriage and divorce can be requested by managing my booking to match the government documents. British Airways charges $45 for the name change.
How can I contact British Airways for a name change?
The passengers uncomfortable with the online process for the name change can get a representative on the phone to rectify their mistake. To get British Airways name change contact number, follow the steps below:
- Dial 1 (800) 247-9297 or (806) 256-8457 and get an agent from the airline.
- Talk to the agent for the name change and share your government ID through email.
- They will proceed with applying for a name change on your behalf.
- Now, you will get a link to your email to make the payment.
- Pay and get your name changed on the ticket.
What should be the format of the name while typing on the BA Flight ticket?
The passengers must put the British Airways name format as MR/Mrs. as the first destination and then their first name and last name. If they wish, they can also mention their middle name.
Does British Airways charge for name change?
Yes, if you are requesting the name change, you must pay a price for it to the airline.
Can I change my last name on the British Airways Flight ticket?
The passengers cannot change their last name until and unless there is a legal reason.
Can I make changes to my middle name?
Yes, British Airways middle name correction is possible up to three characters. However, you can avoid mentioning your middle name on the ticket as the airline does not ask for it.
What can be the consequences of a wrong name?
If your name on the ticket does not match the passport, British Airways will deny boarding to such passengers.
Can I transfer my ticket to another person?
No, the British Airways tickets are non-transferable, and thus, passengers must be the same after the name change.
The passengers who made a mistake in their name and are now looking for a solution can read this article as it discusses the British Airways name correction policy, procedure, price, and other important aspects of a name change. However, after reading this article, you remain confused and want to know more. You are advised to visit the official site of British Airways.
- Singapore Airlines Honk Kong| Phone Number
- Contact Pittsburgh Airport| Phone Number| Terminal Information
- How Can I Add Extra Baggage to my BA booking?
- Find LATAM Cheap Flights| Offers
- Changing name on British Airways- Name correction
- Contact to LATAM Airlines in JFK | Terminal and Phone Number
- Contact to LATAM Airlines in Boston Airport- Terminal and Phone Number
- How do I select seats in Latam?
- Contact Aeromexico in Guadalajara International Airport[GDL]-Phone and Terminal
- How to add Extra Baggage on Air Canada?